we learn from each other every day
Key Philosophies: Share, Try, Do, Repeat!
Since I was very young, I have practiced kindness in myriad ways. Giving is part of the fiber of my being and I feel like its a counter measure to my flaws.
My Kindness Highlights:
- Quit job and moved across country to care for my ill stepmother and help with my stepbrothers
- Paid and volunteer firefighter
- Worked to help Refugees with IRC (International Rescue Committee)
- Volunteer Driver for SERVE Food Pantry
- Provide Random Acts of Kindness on a regular basis
- Pay for meals for drivers behind me drive-through restaurants
- Adopted and rehabilitated a very troubled rescue dog
- Paid for friend's vet bills
- Paid for friends and family airfare
- Donated $$$ to many, many organizations
- Bought girl scout cookies, even though I don't eat them
- Always let cars merge in front of me
- Give $$$ and a smile to homeless man that is always outside of Walmart
- Pay for strangers pharmacy bill that they could not afford nor understand why it was so high
- Relocate insects insects, instead of killing them
These are events from which I harvested wisdom. The kind that can only be found within the experience.
- Rode Bicycle across United States
- Certified SCUBA diver at 15 years old and have dove in Hawaii and Great Barrier Reef
- Photographer since I was a teenager - Capturing the majestic beauty of our planet and its unfathomable amount of connections.
- Through research and persistence, overcome recurring lower back issues and a chronic fatigue problem
- Embraced the trials and triumphs of motherhood
- Sailed the Galapagos Islands meeting penguins, orca and iguanas
- Volunteer Editor for non-profit
- Hiked and Backpacked many miles of wilderness where I encountered bear, bobcat, bighorn and more.
I wallow in gratitude every day for all of my blessings. My life is so good, I am able to give completely, knowing that no matter what I have, I have enough to share.
Very Sincerely and Honestly Yours,
Sharen Plumeria ;o)
Every morning you wake up, you have a choice to decide who you want to be. The only difference between you and your heroes, is action and persistence.